Parents tend to be busy and when you have a newborn that needs your constant attention, it becomes trickier to juggle catering to them with your other activities which are just as demanding of your attention.
Video monitors enable you to see and watch your baby as well as hear it. There are two types of baby video monitors; analogue and digital. Both use a transmitter and receiving unit. What differs is the mode of transmission. Analogue uses a series of electronic pulses for transmission while digital uses a series of encrypted codes.
There is a myriad of options for you to choose from, with varying features and technology. We have reviewed the best baby video monitors and tested their features to help you decide on the one that best suits your needs.
Compression of 10 Best Baby Video Monitor
|Name||Range||Display||Battery||View on Amazon|
Infant Optics DXR-8
|700 ft.||3.5″ LCD||10 hrs||Check Price|
Smilism Video Baby Monitor with Camera [2018 Upgraded]
|900 ft.||2.4″ LED||12 hrs||Check Price|
Hello Baby HB24 Wireless Video Baby Monitor
|960 ft.||2.4″ LCD||12 hrs||Check Price|
Honrane Baby Monitor 3.2inch LCD Display
|15 ft.||3.2″ LCD||20 hrs||Check Price|
DBPOWER Digital Sound Activated Video Record Baby Monitor
|1000 ft.||4.3″ LCD||9 hrs||Check Price|
Babysense Video Baby Monitor
|900 ft.||2.4″ LCD||20 hrs||Check Price|
AIVN Video Baby Monitor
|900 ft.||3.5” LCD||10 hours||Check Price|
HelloBaby 3.2 Inch Video Baby Monitor
|960 ft.||3.2″ LCD||6 hours||Check Price|
Wireless Baby Monitor with Camera 2 Way Talkback System
|960 ft.||2.4″ LCD||24 hours||Check Price|
Motorola MBP36XL Portable 5″ Video Baby Monitor with Rechargeable Camera
|1000 ft.||5″ LCD||3 hours||Check Price|
Table of Contents
- Compression of 10 Best Baby Video Monitor
- 10 Best Baby Video Monitor Reviews in 2018
- #1. Infant Optics DXR-8
- #2. Smilism Video Baby Monitor with Camera [2018 Upgraded]
- #3. Hello Baby HB24 Wireless Video Baby Monitor
- #4. Honrane Baby Monitor 3.2inch LCD Display
- #5. DBPOWER Digital Sound Activated Video Record Baby Monitor
- #6. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
- #7. AIVN Video Baby Monitor
- #8. HelloBaby 3.2 Inch Video Baby Monitor
- #9. Wireless Baby Monitor with Camera 2 Way Talkback System
- #10. Motorola MBP36XL Portable 5″ Video Baby Monitor with Rechargeable Camera
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Baby Video Monitor
10 Best Baby Video Monitor Reviews in 2018
#1. Infant Optics DXR-8
It has a menu that you can easily operate to adjust volume and brightness and an LED display which is activated by sound. You can control the camera and change its direction by panning and tilting it using a remote control.
Other features include night vision, alarm, temperature monitor and a warning for low battery and when it is out of range.
- IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION: check Product Warranty pdf...
- Interchangeable optical lens capability - allowing you to...
- Remote pan, tilt and digital zoom
#2. Smilism Video Baby Monitor with Camera [2018 Upgraded]
The auto infrared night vision ensures the baby still stays visible in rooms with low or no brightness. Four lullabies are included to soothe your baby to sleep.
- REAL-TIME VIDEO AND VOICE & EASY CONNECTION - The baby...
- TWO-WAY TALK & NIGHT VISION - The two-way talking baby...
- ECO MODE & TEMPERATURE MONITORING - This sound-activated...
#3. Hello Baby HB24 Wireless Video Baby Monitor
Hello Baby HB24 has infrared night vision which automatically adjusts the infrared signal to the light level and transmit images in poorly-lit rooms. It transmits signals up to 300 meters away and warns you when you are out of range.
You can connect up to four cameras that can be panned, tilted and zoomed. Its battery lasts up to eight hours and up to 12 hours in power-saving mode. You can conserve the battery even further by switching to audio only mode.
- SPUER CLEAR VIDEO SOUND & 2.4GHZ CONNECT - The video baby...
- PLUG AND PLAY & EXPANDABLE TO 4 CAMERAS - Baby camera is...
- LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY & VOX MODE - Baby call monitoring...
#4. Honrane Baby Monitor 3.2inch LCD Display
It supports a wide range of angles and can receive and transmit signals up to 100 ft. The Honrane baby monitor supports multiple languages and requires no Wi-Fi to operate. The battery lasts up to four hours in normal mode and 20 hours in power-saving mode.
- 3.2" TFT-LCD Screen with High Quality Picture and Sound.
- Two-way talk. Parent can talk back to the camera,when baby...
- 8 lullabies may help the parent comfort the baby to fall...
#5. DBPOWER Digital Sound Activated Video Record Baby Monitor
You can rest assured that all your baby’s activities are captured and transmitted securely. It covers an outdoor transmission range of up to 1000 ft. Its battery lasts up to nine hours. Additional features include split screen, night vision two-way talk and auto scanning.
- EASY TO OPERATE: Friendly-user interface on rechargeable...
- SMART FEATURES: Room temperature monitor and alert, two-way...
- DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDING FUNCTION: Supports up to 32GB TF...
#6. Babysense Video Baby Monitor
It features five preprogrammed lullabies, temperature sensors, night vision, two-way talk and split screen ability. It can monitor up to a maximum range of 900 feet and warns you when you are out of range.
- 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display with Enhanced 2.4GHz...
- Two Way Talk Back Communication - Comfort your baby with the...
- Long Range - Up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE) with out-of-range...
#7. AIVN Video Baby Monitor
AIVN Video Baby Monitor features a 3.5 inch display screen and sound sensors that are indicated by LED light. It can cover up to a maximum range of 900 feet and an alarm goes off to alert you when you move out of range.
It can accommodate an extra four cameras. The 2.4GHZ technology guarantees you a stable connection.
- 2.4GHZ FHSS technology offers a reliable connection: The...
- 3.5inch color display with infrared night vision: A...
- OUT-OF -RANGE : The superior wireless range of the baby...
#8. HelloBaby 3.2 Inch Video Baby Monitor
It includes auto mute and two-way talk features as well as automatic night vision and temperature indicators. The battery lasts up to eight hours in normal mode and 12 hours in VOX mode.
- 3.2" LCD DISPLAY & 2.4GHz WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY: This video...
- INFRARED NIGHT VISION & TEMPERATURE MONITORING: Rest assured...
- TWO-WAY TALKING & 960ft TRANSMISSION RANGE: The monitor...
#9. Wireless Baby Monitor with Camera 2 Way Talkback System
Wireless Baby Monitor features a two-way communication system, secure 2.4GHZ technology which prevents dropping of signals, a transmission range of up to 960 ft. and voice activation which changes the camera from power saving mode.
Additional features include eight preprogrammed lullabies, eight different levels of alarm, temperature indicators, pan, and tilt and zoom ability and an audio only mode.
- TWO WAY TALK AND AUTOMATIC INFRARED NIGHT VISION FEATURE -...
- SPUER CLEAR VIDEO SOUND & 2.4GHZ CONNECT -Video and sound of...
- ECO MODE SOUND ACTIVATED & LONG BATTERY USAGE LIFE - ECO...
#10. Motorola MBP36XL Portable 5″ Video Baby Monitor with Rechargeable Camera
You can pan and zoo, the camera using a remote control. The two-way talk feature allows you to communicate with the baby from a different room and the five preprogrammed lullabies lulls it to sleep.
The video monitor utilizes the encrypted and secure 2.4 GHz FHSS Wireless Technology and the monitor has an additional capacity of four cameras.
- LED Sound Level Indicator, Rechargeable Battery with Low...
- Portable, Rechargeable Camera with Remote Pan, Tilt, Zoom,...
- Ergonomic Parent Unit with 5-Inch Diagonal Color Screen,...
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Baby Video Monitor
Radio Frequency or Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi allows you to use your smartphone anywhere to watch your baby. However, Wi-Fi can be insecure because of hacking. Nearby people who have a similar video monitor model to yours can pick up your transmitted signals and access your video feed. Latest versions have taken care of it by encrypting the signal.
Night vision will allow you to continue keeping tabs on your baby even at night or in darkened rooms. The technology works by enhancing and amplifying the available light. It is very useful in rooms that are dark or have low light.
It enables you to talk and listen through the camera and microphone. You can be able to talk to the baby who is in another room or anyone else who is there. This means you can engage the baby from a distance.
Extensive coverage enables you to keep an eye on the baby while carrying on with other activities. Choose a baby video monitor that can transmit signals at a long distance.
A rechargeable battery will save you the cost of constant replacement. You simply plug it back into power when the charge starts getting depleted. Some batteries are designed to turn off the screen when there is no sound to save power.
Choose a video monitor that can pan out wide to give you greater coverage and one that you can tilt to get a better angle. Look for one that can be zoomed to bring the images closer. It is even better if you can operate it remotely.
Motion detectors can alert you when the baby wakes up or starts crawling and moving. Some can be worn by the baby or put under its mattress. Others set off an alarm if a certain period passes without detecting breathing. You can set up the level of sensitivity you need.
A video monitor that generates high resolution images that will be clear will ensure that you do not miss out on anything because of blurriness and insufficient light.
Babies’ skin is still fragile and drastic heat or cold can cause discomfort at best and an illness at most. A video monitor with temperature indicators will alert you as soon as that happens.
Extensibility of cameras
A monitor that can be expanded to include multiple cameras allows you to check on a couple of kids or talk to people in various rooms. It is particularly useful if you have other kids you need to keep an eye on.
Some baby video monitors come with built-in and preprogrammed polyphonic lullabies that lull the baby to sleep. Others have night lights or project calming images in the room.
Leaving a baby unmonitored is dangerous. Unfortunately, our busy schedules do not always allow us enough time to give our little one undivided attention. Luckily, we have the electronic babysitter to our rescue; the baby video monitor.
Knowing your baby is safe and content will free your mind and allow you to multitask. A good baby video monitor will give you access to your baby whenever and wherever you are and alert you of any change in movement, temperature and any sound coming from your baby’s room.
Top Rated 10 Best Baby Video Monitor In The Market
|1||Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby...||25,655 Reviews||$165.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2||VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor...||3,119 Reviews||$18.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor...||5,499 Reviews||$39.95||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Infant Optics Add-On Camera...||621 Reviews||$105.15 $99.70||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Babysense Video Baby Monitor...||1,855 Reviews||$149.99 $74.99||Buy on Amazon|
|6||Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby...||744 Reviews||$299.99 $276.99||Buy on Amazon|
|7||AXVUE E632 Video Baby Monitor...||239 Reviews||$129.99||Buy on Amazon|
|8||HelloBaby Video Baby Monitor...||34 Reviews||$94.99 $92.99||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Cocoon Cam Plus - Baby Monitor...||285 Reviews||$149.99||Buy on Amazon|
|10||HelloBaby 3.2 Inch Video Baby...||828 Reviews||$79.99||Buy on Amazon|
Related Buyer’s guides and Posts Lists: