There is no doubt about it. People love to travel, and people love adventures. In the past, travel was a luxury that most people could not afford. Only the richest could travel to other countries. Today, traveling is cheaper and more accessible than ever.
Comparison of the 7 Best Travel Strollers in 2019
|Image||Brand||Restraint System||Car Seat Compatible||Carrying Case/Strap||Latest Price|
|Maclaren||5-point harness||No||Strap||Check Price|
|Kolcraft Cloud Plus||5-point harness||No||No||Check Price|
|Besrey Airplane Stroller||5-point harness||No||Folds into a carrying case||Check Price|
|Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller||5-point harness||Yes||Strap||Check Price|
|Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller||5-point harness||Yes||Carry case||Check Price|
|Joovy Zoom 360||5-point harness||Yes||No||Check Price|
|BOB Revolution||5-point harness||Yes||No||Check Price|
Table of Contents
- Comparison of the 7 Best Travel Strollers in 2019
- Top 7 Best Travel Stroller Reviews in 2019
- Traveling Boosts Your Mental Health
- Final Thoughts
Top 7 Best Travel Stroller Reviews in 2019
1. Maclaren Quest Stroller – lightweight, compact, safe
The Maclaren Volo Stroller is for babies around six months old and up to 55 pounds, and it makes a great travel companion as you introduce your little one to the world around you.
The first Maclaren umbrella stroller was created in 1965 by a former test pilot and aviation engineer. For over 50 years, the Maclaren Mission has remained the same, focusing first and foremost on the consumer’s needs.
2. Kolcraft Cloud Plus
For the best lightweight travel stroller, you can’t go wrong with the Kolcraft Cloud Plus. This stroller weighs only 11.8 pounds and conveniently folds with one hand. This feature makes it one of the best light travel strollers on the market – with all the features to make traveling with your little one a breeze.
A third-generation, family-owned manufacturer of baby products, Kolcraft is headquartered in Chicago and, since 1946 has provided innovative, high-quality baby products on the global market. With an emphasis on family, Kolcraft is heavily involved in raising funds for the March of Dimes.
3. Besrey Airplane Stroller
Of course, if you wish to become a world-traveler, at some point, you will need to travel on an airplane. Travelling requires a stroller that is compact and fits into the overhead storage compartment on the plane – especially if you wish to keep baby in the stroller until you reach your seat.
One of the best travel strollers for flying is the Besrey Airplane Stroller – it says it in the name! When folded, the Besrey stroller forms into a carrying case and conveniently fits into the carry-on storage bays on most airplanes and trains.
4. Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
The car seat-compatible Summer Infant 3Dlite is extremely portable and lightweight, this stroller can accommodate your child up to 50 pounds. It grows with your child, so it is the only stroller you will need.
Located in the United States (Rhode Island), the Summer Infant company has been providing innovative and durable infant and toddler products. Their diverse team is passionate about improving the lives of babies and families – and they dedicate themselves to having a positive impact on family life.
5. Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller
Easy two-step fold and compact size – 12” x 22” x 20” and weighing 13 pounds – with a custom-fit carrying case, the Mountain Buggy Nano Stroller is one of the best compact travel strollers. This stroller is designed for newborns to four-year-olds and grows with your child.
Inspired by a father’s dream to create a true all-terrain stroller so he and his baby could enjoy the mountain trails in New Zealand, the Mountain Buggy company is like no other.
Owned and operated by parents, Mountain Buggy manufactures products of high quality that are thoroughly tested to ensure they exceed all worldwide safety standards.
6. Joovy Zoom 360
Joovy is dedicated to making mobility easier for on-the-go families with a focus on durability, functionality, and fun.
The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is equipped with a shock-absorbing suspension, car seat compatibility, and 5-point safety harness, this stroller offers your baby the most comfortable and safest ride in all environments.
7. BOB Revolution
If you are searching for the best twin travel stroller, you can’t go wrong with the BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Jogging Stroller. Built to accommodate up to 50 pounds per seat, this is a great travel stroller for couples with twins or two young children.
It can be paired with the BOB infant car seat for use from birth to no longer needs a stroller. Under the original company name, Beast of Burden, partners Roger Malinowski and Philip Novotny manufactured and sold the ultimate all-terrain bicycle trailer.
Once they started their own families, the two fathers worked together to create the ultimate all-terrain running stroller. Located in South Carolina, BOB has been providing quality products for over two decades.
Also Read: Best Baby Memory Book – (Mom’s Guide)
AsWeTravel.com lists 10 reasons we should travel more often:
- Adventure – we all love adventure and traveling is one of the best ways to find new and exciting adventures.
- Education – learning is a huge part of life and there’s no better way to learn about other cultures than experiencing them first hand.
- Exciting Challenges – traveling can present us with exciting challenges, perhaps doing things that we could never imagine ourselves doing.
- Time to unwind – in our fast-paced world, giving yourself time to unwind and relax with your family can be an important part of your success in life.
- Enrich your life – travel to third-world countries and become a part of the solution. Give of yourself and teach your children to do the same.
- Make new friends – Traveling provides the opportunity to make friends all over the world.
Traveling Boosts Your Mental Health
According to an article in Forbes.com, traveling is good for your mental health and boosts positivity in your life (source). If it boosts mental health in adults, imagine the benefits traveling offers to children.
Traveling relieves stress. As we hustle and bustle, reaching for the stars in our careers, it is extremely easy to succumb to the stress of juggling career, education, family, and home. Schedule a vacation and enjoy a little of the world with your family – no working phone, no computer, no thoughts of work or school – relax and have fun introducing your children to new cultures and beautiful landscapes.
Discovering new places can give you a fresh start mentally if you are making a major transition in your life and the exciting experiences boost happiness, especially when enjoyed with your family.
One of the most important benefits, especially if you incorporate being a part of positive change in less fortunate countries than your own is learning empathy for yourself and teaching your children.
So, schedule a trip (does not have to be abroad), pack your bags and enjoy new and exciting experiences with your family. With the influx of baby products on the market, traveling with children has become easier than ever.
As you can see there are many products to choose from when you are searching for a travel stroller for your little one. With all the choices available, your decision most likely will depend on these four things – cost, durability, functionality, and safety.
I hope I have given you some insight into the types of travel strollers on the market and have made choosing the best one for your family easier. So, make your choice and show your baby the world. Remember, though, while traveling may be loads of fun and full of adventures, baby’s safety is always the number one priority.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has outlined some travel safety tips (source). Here are a few:
- When traveling by airplane, be sure to discuss security practices with your child beforehand, so that he/she is prepared for security screening. Also, discuss with older children how they should not joke about things such as bombs, knives, or guns while at the airport or on the airplane.
- If you will be using a rental car when you arrive at your destination, check with your airline to see if you can add baby’s car seat to your luggage – some allow this with no charge.
- When traveling internationally, be sure children are up to date on vaccines and find out if your child may need additional vaccines.
- Never leave your child alone for even a few seconds in an unfamiliar town.
- Never leave your child alone in a car – temperatures rise quickly in a car.
Basic Stroller Safety Tips:
When using a travel stroller on your family adventures, remember to keep in mind these basic stroller safety tips:
- Never leave baby unattended in the stroller.
- Always use the provided safety restraints – they are there for a reason.
- Engage the brakes any time you stop so the stroller cannot roll away with the baby inside.
- If you are outside for long periods of time, check all metal and/or plastic parts that baby will come in contact with before placing baby in the stroller to prevent burns from parts heated by the sun.
- Never attach anything from the handlebars that could cause the stroller to tip over.
Top 5 Best Travel Strollers for Babies in the Market
|1||Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel...||718 Reviews||$179.99 from $143.94||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel...||809 Reviews||$279.99 from $191.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Graco FastAction Fold Click...||65 Reviews||$219.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Graco FastAction Fold Jogger...||682 Reviews||$319.99 from $159.00||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Baby Trend Expedition Jogger...||1,187 Reviews||$199.99 $165.73||Buy on Amazon|